Are You a Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
By Dr. Kaffey on May 31, 2016
If dental stains, crooked teeth, or other dental flaws have you feeling self conscious about the appearance of your smile, a smile makeover may be right for you. A smile makeover remodels your smile to improve its appearance. Using a personalized combination of cosmetic dentistry treatments, smile makeovers transform the overall appearance of the teeth and gums. To find out if you're a smile makeover candidate, schedule a consultation with Lansdale, PA dentists Drs. David Kaffey and Mark Weinstein.
Smile Makeover Treatments
Smile makeovers consist of a combination of dental treatments, which are tailored to address each patient’s unique needs. Some patients may only require one or two different treatments, while others may need multiple treatments to achieve the desired results. Drs. Kaffey and Weinstein work closely with each patient to determine the best treatments to produce their smile makeover goals. There are many treatments that can be used to transform the smile, including:
- Professional teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening can remove years of dental discoloration to reveal a vibrant white smile in as little as one treatment.
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-shaped fabrications that can improve the appearance of the teeth by masking dental flaws and correcting tooth shape and color. Porcelain veneers may even be used to close gaps between the teeth and improve the appearance of mildly crooked teeth.
- Laser gum contouring: For those who are unhappy with the appearance of excessive gum tissue, or a “gummy” smile, laser gum contouring can be used to gently remove excess gum tissue and create an even, proportionate gum line.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Old metal fillings and new cavities can be treated with tooth-colored fillings. Each tooth-colored filling is customized to match the surrounding teeth, creating a seamless, natural look.
- Porcelain crowns: Porcelain dental crowns can restore the function and appearance of broken teeth, as well as teeth with large fillings. Dental crowns may also be used to adjust the size or shape of the teeth for improved aesthetics.
- Dental implants: Dental implants offer a permanent solution to replacing one or more missing teeth. Dental implants can be paired with different types of restorations, like dental crowns and implant-supported dentures, to restore dental function and appearance.
Candidates for Smile Makeovers
Because smile makeovers can include any variety of cosmetic dental treatments, most people who wish to improve the appearance of their teeth or gums make excellent candidates. Candidates for smile makeover treatments should also have relatively healthy gums and teeth. If major dental issues or gum disease is present, they will need to be addressed before undergoing a smile makeover. In addition to being in good oral health, candidates for smile makeovers include those who have:
- Mild to severe dental discoloration
- Irregularly shaped teeth
- Undersized of oversized teeth
- Dental chips or fractures
- Excessive gum tissue, or a “gummy” smile
- Uneven or crooked teeth
- Missing teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Metal fillings
Find Out if You're a Candidate
For more information about smile makeover treatments and to find out if you're a candidate, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kaffey or Dr. Weinstein today.
Related to This
“I went in for a second opinion and am happy that I did. Very friendly and knowledgeable office staff. Dr. Kaffey has a great bedside manner. This is without a doubt my new dental office.” Kelly G.